Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bhutto

I am not even going to pretend to understand our politics, let alone, another country's. Ours is tricky enough, but overseas, especially in the Middle East FORGET IT!!! This is, in part, because I don't care about politics (sorry Matthew!!). This is terrible, and very unworldly and ignorant of me, I know. But I can't help it..... I DON'T CARE.
But, on occassion, something resembling awareness slips in: In a culture where women are not even close to being equal (ok, we aren't here either, but we're better off than most, and that's a whole 'nother post!), there was a woman willing to stand up and face the bad guys. She entered a male dominated political arena that makes our politics look like a tea party (and no, not a BOSTON tea party. Not even an Alice in Wonderland tea party!). She was ready and willing to stomp right in and show those boys how it's done. She did this knowing it was probably not if they killed her, but when. And they did.
So, all you women out there, stand a little taller, hold your head a little higher. One of our own stood up to change the world. I'm not going to try to pretend to understand her politics. All I know is that people were frightened by her, and therefore they felt they had to kill her.

Stand Tall Sisters

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home